Welcome to Kenora
Where it is easy to find your work-life balance in a community rich in culture and activities both indoor and out! Mino-bimaadiziwin (the good life).
Kenora, ON is located near the Ontario-Manitoba border on the northern shores of beautiful Lake of the Woods, only 2hrs to Winnipeg. It is a bustling community offering all of the big city amenities while maintaining the small-town charm that you can only find in Northwestern Ontario.
Kenora is the second largest healthcare centre and the only Ontario Health Team in the Northwest region. Our fully accredited teaching hospital is staffed with Family Physicians, FP Anaesthetists, General Surgeons, Internists, Psychiatrists, Radiologists, Pathologists all working to their full-scope of practice! Our Family Physicians enjoy the ability to diversify their practice portfolio with the wide variety of medicine available – family clinic, obstetrics, emergency, addictions, sexual health, coroner, surgical assist, outreach, teaching, research.
The All Nations Health Partners is a coalition of leaders in Indigenous and mainstream health services in the Kenora Region. The partnership is working to improve the health system to focus on people first and better serve the unique needs of our Northern communities; they are guided by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Health Calls to Action Nos 18-24. The approach is collaborative and holistic, rooted in both traditional healing practices and the best aspects of the modern health system. The All Nations Health Partners are in the process of building an innovative healthcare delivery system and All Nations Hospital to provide traditional and western medicine in tandem as part of our campus design.
We are fortunate to have highly-skilled professionals who are inspired by the opportunities and flexibility that living and working in Kenora offers them in their personal and professional lives.
We are building a healthy future together!
- Imagine a health system where wrap-around, patient-centred care provided by robust inter-disciplinary teams reflective of the diverse communities being served is integrated and seamless across providers – at the hospital, in the community and at home.
- Imagine a health system that is a leading centre for training practitioners, with enhanced technology and digital services; where health care providers are nurtured and supported, leadership is transparent and accountable: guided by reconciliation through healing among all nations.
- Imagine working and living in a friendly, growing community where a work-life balance is easy to achieve with a dynamic and collegial team in a model that lets you create your ideal practice portfolio where you can care for a diverse patient population and incorporate traditional Anishinaabe and western medicine in your patients care plan
- If you are interested in joining us in building a ground-breaking healthcare system and All Nations Hospital to expand local services and provide more care closer to home then Kenora may be the right fit for you!
Natural Beauty and a sense of community with an urban advantage!
- Kenora is North America’s premier boating destination. ‘We are the connection to Lake of the Woods and its 14,522 islands. Through our events and amenities, we celebrate our history and build our future. We love our lake; we are its stewards and we nurture its pristine environment’
- Kenora is the second-largest centre in the Northwest region with a service area population of approximately 30,000 people that more than doubles in the summer months as seasonal residents are drawn to the water-based playground. There are many opportunities for employment in healthcare, public service, tourism, culture and recreation, construction, value-added forestry, manufacturing, and mining services.
Endless learning opportunities!
- Lake of the Woods Health Sciences Campus in Kenora offers both teaching and learning experiences; our Inter-professional teams work together with our local education institutions to deliver interactive and engaging skill-building opportunities
- From elementary to high school, Kenora has options for young learners: Norman Village Montessori, KPDSB, KCDSB and the Kiizhik Education Corporation. Continuing into post-secondary education you can stay in your community: Seven Generations Education Institute which boasts state-of-the-art training facilities and a partnership with Lakehead University to deliver the All Nation Nurses Entry Program and the Confederation College, Lake of the Woods (Kenora) campus which offers a variety of learning opportunities